READ THIS BEFORE SUBMITTING
Our mission is central to everything we do at The Voice of the Patient: We’re working to change lives, that is, improve quality of life by improving healthcare through not only hearing, but truly listening to the voice of the patient. Any blog that is published on this site will embrace this mission to the core.
We review and publish guest article submissions on a case-by-case basis. Please submit a draft of your article that meets the following guidelines using the form below for consideration and review:
Guest Posting Policy
The Voice of the Patient welcomes ideas that stimulate thoughts and discussion on the topics of marriage, parenting, and faith. I believe that The Voice of the Patient Community will benefit from a wide variety of contributors. We encourage both patients and practitioners of all disciplines to join in our conversations through comments below the article or submission of an original blog article.
- Your article must be original, it cannot have been previously published either on the Web or in print.
- You must agree not to publish it anywhere else, including your own blog or website. This is a search engine issue and kills SEO. However, you may post a brief (non-verbatim) summary on your site that links back to the article.
- Your article should be at least 400 words long and no more than 1000 words.
- Write a brief author’s biography in 150 words or less.
- Use proper spelling and grammar.
- Give credit and cite content as appropriate. There is zero tolerance for plagiarism.
- Your article will most likely be edited for grammar, punctuation, spelling, structure etc. If I feel that the article would be stronger with a few changes, I will email the article back to you and require the changes to be reconsidered for publication in which case you will need to submit the article again through this form.
- You must provide a suggested title for your article, as well as suggested categories or topics.
- You may provide two links back to your website if you have one, and you may also include your Twitter username if you desire.
- Submit one quality photo that relates to the article. (Authors may submit original or personal photos, graphics, diagrams, etc. Photos and graphics created by other individuals or companies must be listed with one of the following creative commons licenses: Attribution (CC BY), Attribution-NoDerivs (CC BY-ND) or Attribution-ShareAlike (CC BY-SA).)
Any article posted on The Voice of the Patient will emphasize the importance of the patient’s engagement in ANY and ALL care delivered, either traditionally or otherwise.
The Voice of the Patient provides no compensation for guest blog submitted and/or published.
Terms and Disclosure
The Voice of the Patient reserves the right to edit any article if chosen to be published. The Voice of the Patient also reserves the right to refuse publication of any works submitted for any reason with or without disclosure of reason to the guest writer.
All original content submitted by the guest writer will become the intellectual property of The Voice of the Patient with proper attribution always provided to the original author. The Voice of the Patient reserves the right to remove any published works by a guest writer without warning or explanation to the author.
By submitting a guest article for review, you are agreeing to the terms outlined in this Guest Posting Policy.
The Voice of the Patient reserves the right to change this Guest Posting Policy at any time.